Thursday, May 28, 2009

Need More of These... Hump Day Veg

Yesterday was a quality day; not a lot of activity and a time to let you mind/body go limp and relax. I got in a 2hr ride in the AM, Deb and I read Outliers at lunch, and after work (and our last track practice) everyone was at home around 5pm. Nothing on the agenda for anyone and it was quickly decided to do nothing all evening. We grilled some pork steaks for dinner with some corn-on-the-cob and everyone kind of did their own thing afterwards. It rained some so outside chores were held off, but Ian and I did get in a WBWBCS (Wet Ball World Basketball Championship Series - like you didn't know that...) and this time I ended up with the crown - 2-1. It was pretty funny as neither of us could hold on to the slippery ball. Here are some clips of the action (while it was lightly raining):




Deb took a mid-evening nap while I played some Xbox and later she took on Jake at some Chess matches, which I believe he won. He was feeling his oats until I took him down in one game (suddenly he was sleepy and didn't want to play anymore). Deb and I watched the end of the Lakers (boooooo!) winning and then it was lights out.

Like I have said before we don't live a hectic or busy lifestyle, but definitely an active one so days like yesterday are great for recharging.

It is the boys' last day of school and both were excited to have summer around the corner until... we reminded them that summer school (which both kids love) starts on Monday (LOL). Jake always takes some of the more boring classes during this time to get them out of the way and Ian is taking the course "Dangerous Book for Boys" which is going to be great. Cross country practice starts this Monday (that's right, this Monday at 6am) for Jake and team, but he is taking a couple more weeks off from running to make sure his legs fully recoops (has felt fine as of late, but hasn't had activity on it). He will end up riding a bike with the group until he is ready to pound the ground again.

Had my last workout with Colin yesterday; super light and easy, but purposeful. He did a handful of jumps at 6' and 6'2" and looked effortless. The school record is 6'4" and he has been soooo close soooo many times and I am crossing my fingers we has quality jumps at State. Jake and I are driving up Friday morning to catch the 1st day action.

Fitness: REST DAY

On a side note: The Lost Boys (movie reference) called yesterday and they need more of my nectar, which must be bad news for ms. anonymous as they need it done in the next couple weeks. This time is without the week of injections so that is one positive...

No comments:

Post a Comment