Thursday, June 11, 2009

Anyone Seen Dorothy?

Yesterday afternoon the storms hit once again with some nutty strong winds. Deb and I were at the front (east) of the house watching the trees bow and Jake let us know there was a huge crash on the back patio (west). Our glass topped patio table was lifted from it's shell and smashed against the house. That thing was not a little table top as it seated 8; big explosion and mess! I now have a project for this afternoon (after Ian's ball practice). Forecast is for similar activity this afternoon and tomorrow.

Jake and I got some chess action on during dinner (Deb was giving me 'that' look like 'it's dinner time and not chess time') and I snuck away with a win.

Ian and I played some catch before the storm. He is pretty solid when it comes to pop flies, but is unwilling to sacrifice too much body on grounders (don't blame him really). He's got practice tonight and we are hoping for a return of the skills the boys showed earlier.

Deb read (and I listened) more Blink, which is a very interesting study of our unconsciousness and how it affects decision making. Good read.

Dale and I are heading out in a little bit for 1:45hr of 3 x 15 minutes 85% efforts. It is already steamy out there and I'll be glad to get this over. Played some good basketball at lunch and am looking to really load up the legs this afternoon and tomorrow morning.

DL was pretty good today as Valverde laid the wood to everyone (of significance). I like him as he is aggressive and not one to simply ride wheels. Evans didn't look like he believed AV would get so far ahead and AC simply couldn't do more than ride wheels to the top. Everyday is good climbing action and will be interesting how it plays out.

***Jake is taking a digital photography class this summer school and thus my lack of pic/video posts. The boys might be taking care of that issue with a little father's day surprise.***

Fitness: 1 1/2hr basketball and 1:45hr intervals

1 comment:

  1. Valverde's win will soon go the way of Floyd's once the UCI ban's him, meaningless.

    ReplyDelete