Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day

Got up early AM and tried to beat the heat of the day on a 2:15hr road ride. The legs felt pretty good from the little time off, but when my HR started to climb I was totally exhausted - weird. The docs told me I would feel some fatigue from the week's earlier activity, but at the time I didn't really pay too much attention to it (yeah, sure, whatever...); well, turns out they must know a thing or two as I felt like simply tired for most of the ride.

I got home to some muffins and two boys with cards and a gift (no more sharing a camera). I got cleaned up and we were off to my dad's church. He didn't know we were coming so it turned out a good surprise. We took them out for some lunch in Republic then parted ways as we headed home.

We spent the afternoon sacked out napping (Jake and I over 2 1/2hrs). Jake usually banks on sleeping late on Saturday mornings, but with the FS he was up at 6am so napping was a life saver to him. Ian and I attempted to play some catch outside in the early evening, but postponed it until later as it was still pretty hot (might as well get used to it this week though). In the later evening Deb and I worked in the garden and flower beds and she finished up the evening playing catch with Ian (she had no idea how much sports she would play later in life when she was a little girl).

I am fortunate to have two fathers that are so similar; both are patient, loving, forgiving, and always there near. My dad has always set the standard for loving relationships that I strive to have with my sons. He always held us accountable for our actions (didn't spared the rod, which in my case was needed often), but never let it detract from constantly supporting us with love and encouragement. In my case several times he and I fit the roles of the 'prodigal son'. It is no wonder why my dad is so similar to my heavenly father who waits patiently on me to call and provides nothing short of pure grace when I do.

Fitness: 2:15hrs of suffrage on Sunday. Monday - hopefully 1:30hrs at lunch with Dale. Tour of KC (three crits) is this weekend (starts Friday afternoon) and I am hoping to be back to par prior; once again, no visions of grandeur just being competitive.

No comments:

Post a Comment