Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Monday Night at the Ball Fields

Ian played the late game (8:30pm) last night at Cooper so we chowed some home dinner then turned the car south for a little action on the diamond. It was a fun and exciting game as Ian's team won in extra innings 15-14. Jake hung out with me in the dugout for most of the game and although he won't openly admit it he was into the game and cheering tons. The boys are playing pretty solid, but like any 8 yr old group have their moments of 'being 8 yrs old'. That being said, I thought I was a decent ball player as a kid, but compared to the level these boys play I am re-thinking my youth skills (or lack there of).

My mom and pop showed up (they are always there) and brought my grandma (Mildred Smith) for her first time watching Ian. That was way cool to see four generations together at a ball game. Afterwards we all snacked at Andy's (fresh blackberries - mmmmm) and then parted ways. It was a beautiful evening weather wise. Ian and Jake both dropped as soon as we got home.

Side note - not a rocket scientist and never claimed to be as Deb will testify, but during Sunday's race and after watching tons of folks skipping pedals in corners all weekend I figured out why I hadn't (I was taking the same lines and leaning in pretty good just like everyone else) - because I am a loser who crit races on a cross bike I get 2cm more BB clearance and thus no touch down - nice.

Fitness: Monday - Rest Tuesday - basketball at noon and easy spin with Deb tonight (still a little spent from the weekend)

2 comments:

  1. So why isn't there a picture of the 4 generations?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because I stink and forgot to pull out the bean at Andy's; I even told Deb I was going to take a group shot on the way there... sad, I know

    ReplyDelete