Friday, June 26, 2009

Here Goes Nothing

Forecasted heat index for KC this afternoon is over 105* (slightly higher tomorrow with possibility of some rain, and in the upper 80/lower 90s on Sunday)!!!! Good thing I am staying indoors... oh wait, that's right, I'm the idiot racing at 5:45pm today around an asphalt loop. I vaguely remember something about a short clip I posted on Monday with reference to 'STUPID' or something like that, but here I go again. Not expecting anything of glory this weekend, just cruising with the group and building more speed in the legs (oh yeah, and surviving) for payoff this fall. Don't get me wrong though, I'll give it a go if I find the right opportunity for a prime or a little jingle, but not expected.


Heat (w/humidity) and I have a long history together and I typically leave it alone and visa verse, but am toying with that fine line a little bit this weekend. If it is unbearable and/or unproductive I have no problem packing it in and heading back home without a second thought. For the past three or four years I haven't raced in late June, July, and August since it was all AR stuff and usually lasting anywhere from 10-18hrs, but I am curious to see how it goes only in it 45-50minutes once a day (surely it can't be that bad - cough, cough, sigh).

Jumped on the mtb this morning and spun for 1hr to loosen up the stumps. It was already warmish at 6:30AM. Did a couple tasks around the office then grabbed Jake and we pounded some breakfast at a local diner. Finishing up a condensed days work and heading to KC early this afternoon. Looking forward to spending a little time with KCHarding.


My oldest and I haven't spent much time (just the two of us) lately and I plan to fix that this summer with simple things like breakfast, a movie, or playing chess death matches (which I am on a bad streak as I have lost three games in a row this week). His summer running is going well and not a single twinge in his leg from the T&F injury.

The below was taken outside the house yesterday evening. The image doesn't really show the impact or number of light rays shooting out in an awesome display. It was like one of those Bob Ross paintings I always say never really looks that way in real life, but it does...

No comments:

Post a Comment