Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Monday

Day started off with some early time at the J O B then a trip to CMH for a couple x-rays and blood draws for my upcoming donation. Only a handful of tubes taken this time (last time it was 14), but turns out they forgot a couple and had to go back this morning.

Dale and I headed out for a 'toasty' 2hr ride at lunch. Steady brisk pace over a tough ungulating terrain. It was nasty hot and humid the entire time. We are knocking out some interval work today at lunch and hopefully it will be a little cooler. No pics or video as I didn't want to subject the purple-TT-suit'ed-B-Town-Reject-want-to-be to seeing a tri top again and having to field the comments on 'fashion'.

Picked up Ian from VBS and headed to SPR for a ball game. Jake was still working at VBS so he didn't make the trip. We were all hoping to see the return of the all-star team, but it was more of what we saw over the weekend (14-4 loss). A couple of the coaches were trying to figure what has happened since the first game and I voiced my opinion: "They are only 8yrs old, that's what going on". It's easy to forget that these guys are still so young when they play so well at times. Ian had a fun time and afterwards we chowed down at Fizolli's.

Got home and Ian and I played some catch then got him ready for bed. Jake was hanging out and sharpening his DDR skills. He is trying to get me to play, but there is no way I am getting on that pad. After Ian hit the hay I went to the garage and worked on a couple bikes a friend dropped off for a little maintenance. Deb joined me and she read 'Blink' out loud while I wrenched. Got to bed a little late as the book is very interesting.

Speaking of books, Deb and I finished Outliers (and now we are reading another by the same author). It was an interesting read, but I am finding Blink more interesting as I am a 'thin slicer'.

Jake is in his 2nd week of 6am XC (unofficial) practice and Monday was his first day of running in over 4 weeks. He did a super light and easy 3 miles and said his injured leg felt fine. This morning he was back on the bike. For this week his is alternating running/riding as to slowly work back into his mileage to avoid his Achilles flaring up again. Around 20 kids are consistently showing up and Jake says it is a lot of fun having that many (that early in the morning). Jake hasn't said anything, but others have told us coach has Jake leading the group through stretching and drills, which doesn't surprise me as he is the most experienced male (only a junior) on the XC team and has a true sense of 'team' dynamics and supporting others. Aaron D was a great role model over the past two years and I have no doubt J will step in to continue the tradition. He is going to the West Plains (Joe Bill Dixon) XC camp in mid-July and wants to have a good base prior so not to explode on the last day's run of 18miles (and receive the coveted shirt).


Just got back from a tough interval (crit style) workout with Ira and Dale. Warm up cruise for 30 min then 5 x 5min (4min recovery) at 177-181 hr (same numbers as my efforts at Tulsa Tough) ending with a steady cruise back to office for 1:30hrs. I am spent from yesterday and today's efforts. Nice easy spin with Dale tomorrow AM for a couple hours. Think I have some motopacing lined up for Thursday.

Fitness: Monday - 2:05hr ride at steady pace Tuesday - 1:30 intervals

No comments:

Post a Comment