Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Monday Night Baseball and Travel

Ian had a game in SPR yesterday evening and the boys are back on their winning ways (let's hope). 12-2 (stop keeping score is over 10 runs) was the final and everyone looked sharp (to include a triple play). The boys were amped up and had fun (amazing how winning changes one's demeanor). Grabbed some chow with my dad and mom afterwards.

Got up this AM and walked outside checking the weather as I thought about getting an hour of 'junk' in on the mtb, but about 2 minutes later the tornado sirens started. A quick check of the radar/weather maps and the next 20 minutes were spent in a hallway closet. Tons and tons of rain (a little hail) with high winds will keep me inside this morning. Will try to get out at lunch if this thing passes.

Deb and I are heading out to STL this afternoon (returning Thursday) for another session with the vampires. Jake is hanging out at the house solo and Ian is spending a couple days with my bro (you know some ball catch is going to happen). I am planning to race the STL Tuesday Night'er crit if it is not raining buckets. Will be good to get some zip in the legs mid-week like the old SA Tuesday World Champs (that's me flashing through the middle at 2:14).

This clip is pretty funny if you are a cycling nerd like me.

Fitness: Monday - 1 1/2 basketball Tuesday - who knows

2 comments:

  1. Junk is junk. Throw it out to the curb where it belongs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you ScottyD (and this is as good as he gets) and the reason 'no one listens to me'

    ReplyDelete