Friday, June 19, 2009

Junk Miles

***Warning - The following contains sarcasm and not identified by some readers***

Had a blood draw this afternoon and my platelets are back to a safe number so this evening I am going to waste what could be used as valuable 'training' time and ride the tandem with Deb and friends for a couple hours - THE HORROR!!!!!

I really need to shake myself and stop this frivolous JUNK riding if I want to get to the top podium of (filling in whatever event is more important than having fun).

And if tandem riding with my girl and friends isn't bad enough... I have the audacity to waste another 2hrs tomorrow morning with Ian (Jake is racing with Uncle Ira) at the Family Scramble in the morning. Hopefully Ian will recognize my error in spending quality time with him and bow out of the event so that I can do mind-numbing repeats watching a digital output... I can only hope!!!!

***End of sarcasm***

On a serious note: My platelet numbers are good, I am looking forward to a couple hour ride with Deb and friends, and Ian is stoked about tomorrow morning doing our first race together (Jake is hoping Uncle Ira can keep up - typed with huge smile). I would say this is going to be a great father's day weekend, but Deb and the boys make everyday a treasure (I love my crew!).

1 comment:

  1. no, no, no... these are not 'junk' miles as some S-town reject blathers about, these are quality 'base' miles. Everyone knows that cycling is all about cyclocross and that season is months away. No need to peak too early and be a flash in the pan at the first race. You people just need to listen to me more-- base miles, repeat after me, base miles.

    Dale

    ReplyDelete