Friday, June 5, 2009

Thursday Evening and Friday Morning

Closed up shop last yesterday afternoon and headed home for a ride. Dale called and had to cancel, but Ira was still en route. He and I headed northeast and clipped along at a good pace. It was a beautiful evening and ride until... POP! Ira's chain (more specific his quick-link) comes apart and is no where to be seen. We were around 8 or 9 miles from town and normally it would be no big deal, but on that particular night it was a big deal as his son's t-ball game started in 15 minutes. I called Jake and he started driving our way, but to speed things up Ira grabbed a hold of my jersey and I towed him for a ways (luckily 75% was downhill). Jake later told me he was only 'a little bit late'. I cruised around for a while more and even stopped by my bro's ranch and checked out his garden (looking good).

Got home and wolfed down some dinner while Ian and I watched the early part of the Laker's (boooo) beat down on the Magic. We then headed outside for some scooter/kickboard races and finished up with the WTGTBIWBC (Weather To Good To Be Inside World Basketball Championship) where he took me 2-1.

I have to brag on my oldest as yesterday was his first time donating blood. He has figured out that next time he will eat a bigger breakfast and lunch as I think it got to him a little. Jake is awesome about recognizing his responsibilities to those less fortunate and helping out when he can; that is a rare characteristic these days.

I spent the remainder of the evening listening to Deb read Outliers while I made a homemade Greek Pasta Salad (for lunch tomorrow).

Woke up this morning, left the mistress waiting (no one else was available to go and Deb and I are heading on a long tandem ride tonight), and headed outside for some early morning yard maintenance. Watered/weeded the garden, trimmed back the roses, and transplanted a couple Hostes. It was a soulfully therapeutic time. This evening we are heading out with some friends for a couple hour tandem ride; super easy spinning with great conversation and a ton of laughter.
Jim and I just finished up a very important business strategy meeting... on the disc golf course (I nipped him by one on the last of 27 holes). The weather is great outside.

Ian has a baseball tourney tomorrow morning (10, 11, 1pm) in SPR. He is stoked!

No comments:

Post a Comment