Saturday, June 27, 2009

One Down

Made the quick drive up to KC (Lee's Summit area specifically) and hooked up with KCHarding at his casa (which is absolutely beautiful). About 1hr into my drive I realized I forgot the Bean (new camera) and know I am like a crack addict without a fix.

First race is in the rear view mirror and it went pretty good. Craig and I rode from his house to the race (10 miles) at a nice and easy pace just to loosen up the legs (that's my version, but check out KCHarding's for his - whatever!). Pretty tough course with several turns and undulations (enough to break things up really fast). Three guys (from the same team) got off pretty early and not enough of us chipped in to bring them back so the chase group of 8 or 9 were settling for the table scraps. I was able to stick with this group to the finish, but had no punch for the final sprint as I made a bone-head mistake in too big of a gear for the last climb, burned my matches too early and brought up the rear (I think I was 11th or so - better than what I expected from the day). It was hot during the event, but not near as bad as I expected.






***Great pics provided by Kim Morris and Lyle Reynolds***

Rode back with Crusty (formally known as KCHarding and changed at his request) for another 10miles (where he dropped the hammer and I suffered like a dog). We cleaned up and hit some sushi and ice cream and finished up with some car racing videos.

Great time with C & C (always) and am looking forward to the rest of the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment