Wednesday, August 19, 2009

BHS Sports Night, Tuesday 'Cross, Fire and Ice

Jake and I spent most of Monday evening at BHS for the annual 'what kids can do to get kicked out of sports' speech by the AD. After that tidbit was Coach Bandy's turn to have his individualized session just for XC kids and parents. He is impressive with his constant 'team' perspective. It's fun to what Jake (team captain) interacting with the freshman and jr. high runners making sure they feel needed and in the mix. Lastly was the Booster Club board meeting where in Coach and I presented a request for new XC uniforms; later we found out it passed unanimously. Order is in and hopefully will be here before their first meet.

Jake is heading out of the house every morning around 4:50am to pick up a teammate on the way to morning practice. He hasn't made a single negative comment about it being so early and knocks it out like a trooper. I imagine his butt will drag every week by Thursday and that is why I have no issue with him sleeping 'til noon (or later) on Saturdays. His current bed time is 10pm (which he wasn't happy with), but I'm anticipating it moving closer to 9:30pm soon.

Tuesday morning was solid 75% efforts (3 x 17 min) with Dale and Ira. Legs are coming along as is the bike handling; little sharper every day. Dale bite the concrete once pretty hard and now wears the battle wounds. Bike is on the boat to the USA as I type and is a couple weeks out; seems this is starting to drag out longer than I hoped. Looks like Hermann will see the Orbea and hopefully that's it.

MWI has a new blog and so far it is pretty much directed at bashing Crusty (unlike me he is a big boy and can take the abuse).

Tuesday saw Ian staying home from school sick; nasty little head cold that is slowly passing through. Yesterday evening Deb and I went to SPR and ate at Fire and Ice (odd location) with four other couples. Pretty good eats (Deb's medallions were far better than my Corvina) and great fellowship (as always).

Having a hard time figuring out if I am more excited for 'cross (me) or XC (Jake)... I am leaning toward XC.

No comments:

Post a Comment