Friday, August 21, 2009

Frisco Friday

Yesterday evening was for mowing and playing baseball catch (first me then Deb) with E-ball. He also hit the Rip Stick quite a bit. Jake was off to church working with the sound crew. Uneventful, which is often nice.

Felt a little sluggish this AM so instead of the bike I hit the office early in anticipation of an extended noon departure. Hopped on the cross steed at noon and two hours later pulled up to the casa. Super weather today and the Frisco Trail (FT) gives tons of wind blockage so it was sweet. Kept a steady pace with the HR hovering between 145-152; felt really good. Ran into several folks cruising on mtb's on the FT; one lady in her 50's was off walking her bike (with her husband) and asked if they needed anything and she made a reference to 'biting off more than she could chew' (not sure from where they came or got to), one guy who was way too serious to wave or acknowledge me (must have been concentrating on his 'numbers'), and a Bolivarite (who I had never met before) who was on a sweet Rocky Mountain mtb - we chatted for a bit before I headed on off. Don't usually see too many folks on the north end of the FT.

Got my Crank Bros Beater rebuild kit in the mail today and for $15 they are just like new. Reason #45 why I love me some EGGBEATERS.

Not sure what is on the docket for this weekend other than a Saturday AM tandem ride with Deb and the below... Would like to do some mtb'ing at Sac again on Sunday if it is dried out decent (easy cruising and continued handling skills).

THE MOLE IS GOING DOWN TOMORROW MORNING! Drive by my house in the afternoon as I plan to mount him on a stick (honestly, I am) in the middle of the yard as fair warning to other vermin who cross into my land; braaaaaahhhhhh, braaaahhhhh (evil laugh)!

No comments:

Post a Comment