Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Who Turned Off The AC

So this is what summer is supposed to be, huh? Dale and I headed out at noon yesterday (plan was for 2hrs), but we cut it short 1:40hrs due to the heat. It wasn't nutty hot (mid 90's), but compared to what we have had for the past couple weeks it was SWELTERING! Not a ton of playing outside at the casa yesterday until after 8pm. I asked Jake why his team isn't running later in the morning since they are 'officially' in a dead period (no organized practices/camps) as I thought he would be all about the sleeping in and he looked at me like I was crazy and quickly pointed out how 6AM was the coolest time of the day and they weren't missing out on that.

Dale and I spent some quality time on the SBU campus tying in several of our 'regular' courses to make one super course. Kept a solid tempo going with numerous twists and turns working on handling skills (which I have little). After 1:15hrs I headed home. It was already in the mid-70's (which was nice, but felt stale and humid) at 5:45am.

Rest of the week is supposed to be high 90's so it is all about the AM riding.

Deb and I are meeting with a builder after work to discuss options of expanding/adding-on to our home or building a new pad (Deb has a couple new layouts which I really like). Nothing set in stone that we are doing either, just looking at options and crunching number to see if one works for us. The pic to the right is our favorite.

Picked up Without Limits from the SBU XC coach so Jake and I have our evening set. Next week will be Fire on the Track and then finish up with Prefontaine. SD, do you have any fav running flicks? XC scheduled just got changes so will posting the revised soon (much harder courses).




Below are the final clips from last Friday mornings ride...



Played a solid hour of basketball at lunch. Will probably take a day off the bike tomorrow, but hit the gym and a handful of light hill run-ups.

1 comment:

  1. Running movie favortites not much to choose from besides the Billie mills one & the one about the guy in jail who runs a 4 min mile. Books though: Once a runner & the Purple runner ARE MUST READ FOR high school XC runners. Both very hard to come accross. @ one point had copies of both but now are sadly($$$$) gone. Google Purple Runner & you'll see what I mean. If you find them/buy them/borrow them let me know since I would LOVE to reread them(read I'd skip work to reread them)

    ReplyDelete