Thursday, August 27, 2009

Routine Thursday

Thursday morning 'cross practice with Ira was solid. Keeping the HR low(er) this week so we worked a ton of turns, dismounts, and (subsequently) remounts. This rest week is making my skin crawl as I want to tune it up, but I will hopefully get the benefits for the next two weeks of trashing myself. Got in a solid 1 1/2hrs of basketball (great compensation for 'cross running) and continued to keep the effort level to a minimum. Felt yesterday's strength lifting followed immediately by 10 x 75m hill running repeats (still keeping the effort level low(er).

Got a little rain this evening so we skipped the outside games and Ian took me in OT in Madden '08. I am 6 and 0 against the little rugrat, but I did figure out the Colts are way more potent than Arizona (he always plays the Cowboys).

Tomorrow is Deb's 40th B-Day and I plan to start her off with a big breakfast at a local diner then who knows the rest of the day... Hard to believe she is THAT OLD... cause she looks soooo fine.

Speaking of feeling a little bit older... Deb wrote a check today for Jake's first college credits (dual credit through the high school/SBU); kind of weird.

The Mole still lives and I continue to pursue. I got one neighbor swearing my bleach poured in their runs and another wanting me to use moth balls... it's all voodoo and suspect it will come down to a good old fashioned knife fight.

Jake continues to look and sound confident about the upcoming XC season. Coach Bandy let me know that J crushed a big Fartlek workout today and is looking much better and stronger than last year. More importantly he commented on his leadership and how it has exceeded his expectations. That's why I'm a huge fan of his; it is every bit as important to develop these athletes into great individuals away from the sport. It's 9 days before his first meet (SWCCA @ East Newton) and truly I can't decide which is making me more anxious - Jake's season kicking off, my new 'cross ride/uni's, or 'cross racing start...

1 comment:

  1. Those dual college credits are great. My niece started MU this fall (on scholarship) and is already a Sophomore because of the credits she got in high school. Plus she doesn't have to take any more math or English courses.

    ReplyDelete