Saturday, August 29, 2009

A Day Just For My Girl

Recovery/rest week or not yesterday I had no intention of spending time with my Friday morning mistress as it was Deb's 40th birthday and there were plans to finalize (keep reading...) and fun to be had.

We started off the day with the boys giving her gifts (and lots of love) then dropping Ian off at school and then hitting a local diner for breakfast. Later it was lunch with my mom and dad and then while she was at work I was running a handful of errands to get the final touches on a surprise party for Deb later that evening. She and I closed up shop at 5pm and headed home. She had referenced not wanting to do much in the evening and I convinced her to go to dinner with me at a local Mexican dive. While we were away Jake, Ian, and Riley (Jake's good friend) were busy at the casa... more later.



We showed up and come to her amazement there was a reserved room with 20 of our close friends (to include her sister from STL). We had a fun time and after 1 1/2 hrs we all parted ways (or did we...). Deb was super happy with the surprise and we took our time heading back to the casa. We pulled up to the house and what do you know, the same group from the restaurant was there and surprise party #2 was on. We cracked open a couple bottles of the bubbly, had cake, and played some games... oh yeah, I took Sinatra's New York New York, changed up the words to reference Deb getting old, and sang it to her (video is definitely coming). It turned out much better than I was hoping as she had a great time and wore her beautiful smile all night long.



Deb, Mandee (her sister), and I stayed up to nearly 2am talking and laughing. Deb always loves her time with her sis.

It's Saturday morning now and we all slept late (thank goodness). I am watching the JV Tour (Vuelta) TT, Deb is playing some catch Ian, and Jake is doing his regular 'sleep-til-noon' Saturday. I plan to head out for 2hrs on the road at noon and Deb is doing a 'girls night out' with some friends in SPR.
Tomorrow Deb and I are joining two other couples and riding 50 mile (super easy) on the Katy Trail (from Jeff City to ????). Deb is nervous as she has never ridden that far and I keep reminding her that we are sharing a bike so I'll take care of her. Should be fun and a great capper to an easy recovery week. Monday the pain starts again.

No comments:

Post a Comment