Monday, August 17, 2009

The Wrap Up

Let's see... Friday evening we threw some home grilled burgers down our throats then went to watch some of Jake's friends perform jazz at a local bistro. It was pretty good for a group of youngsters, but we were really impressed with one of Jake's friend's singing abilities - NICE. After that we killed some time just hanging out and being lazy.

Saturday morning (7am) Deb and I get in 2hrs of a solid tempo ride on the tandem. I am pleasantly surprised with her pedaling abilities. I passed on a group ride to spend it with her and I'll choose the same thing most every time. We rode to Stockton Lake and back and then topped off the morning with a local diner breakfast.

Deb and I met with our builder and looked over his bids on our options. I like this guy (as do several in Bolivar who are living in houses he built). We are scraping the 'add-on' idea and now moving in a build direction; when is unknown.

Ira, Dale and I rode 1:40hrs at Sac River in the afternoon. Nothing fast, just solid riding and working on a handling skills (which obviously I have little). It was a rough day MOJO wise as I had two flats (my rear tubeless has a broken spoke so I rode my tubed spare and that's what you get at Sac) and an endo that resulted in near handlebar impalement in my belly. I was ready to get off the trail after all that. Saw the biggest Copperhead snake I had ever seen on the side of the trail; minding his own business as we did the same.

Back to Bolivar and a little poker with some friends until 11pm. Got home and everyone was sound asleep; quickly followed suit.

Sunday morning I tried to sleep in, but my body wouldn't allow it. Got some general maintenance stuff done and mowed the lawn (started at 8am not to wake anyone) all before church. Church, eats with the crew, a funeral visitation, big RAIN, then 1:45hr tandem ride with Wes & Marla, Dale & Mary, and Shelly & Lou Harris (blog virgins - meaning first time mentioned). Sunday evening more relaxing while Deb whipped up some of her incredible peanut butter cookies (YUMMMMMMMMM).

That's it in a nut shell.

No comments:

Post a Comment